Tuesday 3 January 2012

My definition of music.....

We all love music. I define music as a sound that mixes with words to provide listening pleasure. For me, I don't just listen to the sound, I also listen to the lyrics. Lyrics mean a lot and that is why we have song writers. African musicians are taking over, however, most of the songs have lame lyrics. Most of my friends would say "the important thing is that you can dance when you hear the sound". Music should be educating, it should inspire, it should bring smiles, it should make you miss people, love people, love God, it should provide hope,it should make you want to take chances and avoid limitations. In Nigeria, my best musicians would have to be tu face, Asa, Bez,Waje and sound sultan. My best genre of music is rock. My best international musician would have to be Adele, I am in love with her (no homo), she is so talented, her songs and her vocals are to die for. Eagerly waiting for her new album. Music should be timeless and that is what Fela and Micheal Jackson represents. You can still listen to Fela and Micheal's songs and feel the sound. Other musicians should record timeless songs if they want to be living legends or leave a legacy. xoxo....Lamide....

No comments:

Post a Comment